Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Aaron Turn's 30!

On March 28th, I had a "SURPRISE" birthday party for Aaron at Jimmy's. I thought that I was being so good and sneaking planning this event, but obviously there was a large hole, somewhere in my planning. The day/night was quite stressful for me. That was the day they were predicting 7 inches of snow! Aaron suggested that we just stay home, since the weather was going to be so bad. I said, "No! It's not that bad out, we can go." and if anyone knows me, you know I was lying through my teeth. I love the winter and snow, I just HATE to be out and in a car while it is happening! (so if he knew I was planning something.... why did he let me fret so much?? - jerk) AnyWHO! I took Aaron out to eat at the Packinghouse, in Galesburg. It was a good dinner as usual. Then, I had Joel give him a call and say, "Hey, we're out at Jimmy's, why don't you come and I'll buy you a birthday drink?" Aaron said, "I'll have to check with my wife." (right, since when?) So he gets off the phone and starts talking to me about something else... I said, "Well, what did Joel say?" He just looked at me and said, "So, how many people do you have at Jimmy's?" I'm sure my face turned bright red, as I am a terrible liar! I said, "What are you talking about?" Wait, that was the second thing I said. The first thing I said to him was, "I hate you!" (see, I'm a terrible liar!) He caught me red-handed and I had nothing to say. So... we went to Jimmy's. (I was driving about 35-40 mph, because of the snow I HATE driving in - which annoyed Aaron). We walked in and everyone was there, dressed to impress, and singing "Happy Birthday!" And when I say, dressed to impress... check out everyone's shirts.

Happy 30th Birthday Aaron!

No comments: