Sunday, March 20, 2011

MS Carnivale 2011

We attended the MS Carnivale again this year, and once again had a great time for a good cause. This year it was at the Pere Marquette in down town Peoria.  My brother-in-law, Brandon, was a co-chair this year and was a major part of the planning of this event. He did a great job, and I think the event was a success. We had great drinks, great food, great entertainment and a great time! The only thing missing was our friends, Mike and Katie.  We missed you guys, but we made sure to have a drink in your honor;) 

Tammy and Lindsay - maybe one too many?

Kristy... definitely one too many!!
 
Brandon  -  co-chair  -  Lott, up on the big screen!
(that is one sweet bow tie)
  
Me and Lindsay
(i bet you couldn't tell, because we're in disguise!)

Tammy, Me and Pam (I worked with at OSF)
- don't we look like a super hero team? maybe a dysfunctional one, but i bet we could save someone... -

OMG!!!!  look what I won!!!! 
Each year we go to this event, my mom does not, but she does give us money to donate to the cause and to "play" with in the raffles. So I put my money into a raffle to win a trip to Las Vegas. Brandon took their money and put it in a raffle for a bottle of wine and to win a diamond necklace.  After the fact, he told me that he went ahead and put Tammy's name and my name in.  Not thinking anything of it, because, I NEVER win.  I NEVER even won at BINGO!  Well, holy moly... I WON THE DIAMOND NECKLACE!!!!  I can't believe it!!  It is beautiful! But of course I was feeling really guilty because a) I didn't enter myself into this raffle and b) it wasn't my money.  So to make myself feel better, I offered it to my mom (but she just took the bottle of wine)  and I offered it to Brandon for Tammy and he turned me down too.  So it is mine!  YAY!  Now too bad I'm not fancy enough to wear it anywhere:) 

No comments: