Monday, June 22, 2009

Lindsay's Baby Shower

The second weekend of June, we had Lindsay's baby shower. Corey and I (mostly corey) hosted it for her at the Wataga Fire Station. It was a nice shower and Lindsay received a lot of nice things for her little bun the in oven. Once the shower ended, Lindsay informed me that she would like to change my name from 'kickin' Katie to 'kraftin' Katie. Yes, I am a crafter now. Well, not really, but we did have a lot of arts and craft time at my house before the shower.


I can't believe I did this, but I did, and it turned out really cute! I made a diaper cake. I can't take full credit, I will give part of the glory to Pam (a friend from my OSF days). Pam made one for my baby shower, so I stole her idea/creativity. I'm pretty proud of my craftiness - as I don't think I have a crafty bone in my body. Unlike my mother and her brilliance in making Halloween costumes. (he he he) That's a whole other story.


Craft project #2.
Tammy started this evil tradition of making the guest of honor look like a fool at their own party. She made ridiculous hats/outfits for mine and Emily's bachelorette parties and baby showers. Since I'm the youngest, I had to pass on this "FUN" onto someone else - so Lindsay has been my culprit - Sorry Lindz. So I made her a lovely hat to wear at the shower that said BABY MOMMA. If Jared is lucky, I'll make him one too with BABY DADDY on it. (and I'll make them wear them at the birth of their child)

Awwwe!

The cutest girls at the shower!

Sara, Corey, Lindsay, Lisa, Me

1 comment:

Swanson's said...

Love the diaper cake, it turned out great! Poor Dirk hates when I start craft projects. He gets tired of the baby blankets I make sitting around.