Thursday, January 3, 2013

Johnson Christmas

Saturday night we hosted the Johnson family Christmas at our house.  It was the first time that I had hosted the whole family, (minus the Bakers).  It was fun having everyone over and it was fun hosting.  I had one major slip up, and I didn't put the ham in early enough.... so we ended up slicing it up and putting it back in the oven until it was done.  Oh well, it was my first time cooking an 18 lb ham.  I learned a lesson;)

The night started with a concert put on by Ainsley and Frank.  (Notice that Frank is sitting on a horse while singing;)

3 pretty girls ready to open presents!

looks like everyone is having fun!

Aunt Kathy, Kelsey and Caleb won the ugly Christmas sweater contest.  This is Aunt Kathy opening up her special prize for winning.

We had to finish watching the Illini game before we could open up presents... the kids LOVED that;)

Since I hosted Christmas this year, I changed things up a little bit and took things back a little bit to the Grandma Moo days.  So instead of everyone opening up their gifts at one time, we started with the kids and went by family.  The Roney boys got to go first.

Then the Link girls...
Then the Swanson kids...

and finally the Lott kids.

the aftermath....they all want something open

Then while the adult were opening presents, Ainsley found it to be the perfect time to sneak some more food. She found the buckeyes.  I caught her with it and she stuck the whole thing in her mouth!  I don't mind if she eats sweet or snacks, but she is the messiest eater EVER!

No comments: