Monday, June 30, 2014

Stormy nights

The girls do not like storms.  They freak out about the lightening, thunder, high winds and loud rain - I don't know where they get that from...  I'm usually very calm during storms, at least I try to act like I am. Obviously I'm not playing it as cool as I thought I was. But from the past couple of storms, they have learned that the safest place to be in a storm is in the basement. It is safe down there, it is cool down there and we can't hear all those loud noises, especially when we are trying to go to sleep.  We have spent a couple of nights down there as a family during some storms or power outages, and they know it is safe.  Yet even I don't think it is necessary for every storm.  But as another stormed rolled in, the girls were determined to stay in the basement, even all by themselves (which is HUGE for them). So, to the basement they went, but this night the basement was not enough. Per their request, I had to built them a fort in the basement. The loved it and slept in their fort all night long. 

The storm rolled in...
crazy looking clouds.
The fort went up, prayers were said, and they were asleep:)

No comments: